Foundation / Corporation
Morris Animal Foundation (MAF)
03/10/21 4:59 PM ET
Grants to USA, Canada, and International researchers, veterinarians, PhDs, and graduate students affiliated with institutions for projects that advance the health of felines and canines. Funding is intended to support research projects and programs, as well as to support research careers.
Proposals should be designed to convince the reviewers that the proposed project will advance the science of animal health; the investigator clearly understands the health problem and has the expertise to conduct the study; and the approach is scientifically sound.
GrantWatch ID#: 192835
- Established Investigator Grants: Given the events related to the COVID-19 pandemic at the time of release of this RFP including the likelihood of ongoing economic uncertainties, please note that the Foundation is limiting the total budget to not exceed $75,000, inclusive of indirect costs. The Foundation will expect the majority of submissions to be significantly less than this maximum.
- Pilot Study Grants: The budget cannot exceed $10,800 ($10,000 plus 8% for indirect costs if charged by your institution).
- First Award Grants: Given the events related to the COVID-19 pandemic at the time of release of this RFP including the likelihood of ongoing economic uncertainties, please note that the Foundation is limiting the total budget to not exceed $100,000, inclusive of indirect costs.
- Fellowship Grants: Given the events related to the COVID-19 pandemic at the time of release of this RFP including the likelihood of ongoing economic uncertainties, the Foundation wishes to support early career researchers. The Foundation is therefore allowing up to
$25,000 for consumables funding in applications for this year's Fellowship Training grant.
- Established Investigator Grants: Maximum study duration is three years.
- Pilot Study Grants: The maximum study duration is one year.
- First Award Grants: The maximum study duration is two years.
- Fellowship Training Grants: Maximum study duration is two years
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta; British Columbia; Manitoba; New Brunswick; Newfoundland and Labrador; Northwest Territories; Nova Scotia; Nunavut; Ontario; Prince Edward Island; Quebec; Saskatchewan; Yukon;
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to reduce social inequality and promote solutions to the climate crisis. Eligible programs will address the areas of racial and economic justice, corporate and political accountability; voice, creativity, and culture; and an inclusi
Grants of up to $2,500 per campus and grants of up to $10,000 per school district to Texas public elementary and middle schools and supporting nonprofit organizations in eligible school districts for agriculture-related activities. Funding is intended to improve student
Grants of up to $5,000 and grants of up to $20,000 to Virginia nonprofit organizations for programs that promote the humanities in local communities. Certain applicants are required to submit an LOI prior to a full grant application. All applicants are advised to contac
Grants to New York and Pennsylvania families living in eligible areas and caring for a child with cancer to offset expenses related to the child's cancer treatments. Funding is intended to cover costs not covered by health insurance, including travel costs, housing, and
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to protect natural resources on land and water in locations around the world. Funding is intended to ensure that activities to acquire metals, gemstones, and corals for design use do not have an adverse impact on the area of origin.
Grants of up to $3,000 to Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, and West Virginia nonprofit organizations for community-based social change initiatives in eligible areas. Funding is intended to support organizational operations. Eligible applicants are those serving communitie
Grants to Indiana nonprofit organizations in eligible regions for projects and capital campaigns that address community needs. Applicants requesting support for a capital campaign are asked to contact the funding source prior to submitting an application. Projects are e
Grants to Ohio nonprofit organizations in eligible locations to support entrance into mergers or acquisitions. Funding is intended to support reorganizations that result in well-maintained or improved services or financial savings. The Foundation encourages transformati
Grants of up to $2,000 to Indiana artists and arts organizations in eligible areas for arts programs that benefit the local community. Funding is intended to support projects that encourage public appreciation of art, demonstrate innovation and creativity, and promote d