Foundation / Corporation
Grants of up to $40,000 to USA, Canada, and International nonprofits to address the issue of antisemitism across the globe. Applicants must submit a letter of intent before applying. Funding is intended to support the development of creative, grassroots, and scalable strategies that promote the exposure, effective confrontation, and/or eventual invalidation of antisemitic activities.
Though the committee’s scope and spirit are global, this year Natan especially encourages applicants working on initiatives:
- Tackling Europe-based antisemitism,
- Addressing antisemitism education among teenagers, and
- Specifically addressing antisemitic issues with non-Jewish audiences.
Applicants could include initiatives that are:
- Developing positive, constructive efforts to understand and expose contemporary manifestations of antisemitism, including the ways in which delegitimization of Israel is a form of antisemitism;
- Encouraging prosocial activities that bring Jewish and other ethnic and religious communities together, particularly to denounce and fight hatred; and/or
- Building awareness and understanding of Israel and the Jewish People’s cultural, historical, ethnic, religious, and political complexity and diversity, as a means to challenge oversimplified and ahistorical narratives.
GrantWatch ID#: 182627
Grants of up to $40,000, though most grant awards are in the $25,000 - $35,000 range.
Grants are for one year.
Nonprofit organizations and fiscally-sponsored entities with annual operating budgets under $1.5 million can apply.
Process & Timeline:
1. Letters of Inquiry must be received by November 21, 2018.
2. Natan will notify selected applicants to complete a full proposal by December 21, 2018.
3. Full proposals must be received by January 17, 2019.
4. Finalists will be interviewed in Spring 2019
5. Final decisions will be announced by June 2019
The Letter of Inquiry (LOI) allows the Natan Fund to do a preliminary review of your request, after which Natan will invite select organizations to submit full proposals.
Grant FAQs http://www.natan.org/cgi-bin/grants/faq.pl
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit Letters of Inquiry here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3CDCTLN
If you require assistance throughout the application process, please reach out to our Program Officer, Adina Poupko, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Natan Fund
120 E 23rd Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10010
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.